Established in 1980, the National University of Computing and Emerging Sciences is a private non-profit higher education institution located in the urban setting of the metropolis of Islamabad (population range 1,000,000-5,000,000), Islamabad CT. This institution also has branches in the following places: Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Chiniot. Officially recognized by the Pakistan Higher Education Commission, the National University of Computing and Emerging Sciences (NUCES) is a medium-sized coeducational Pakistani higher education institution. The National University of Informatics and Emerging Sciences (NUCES) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees, such as bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in various areas of study. This 42-year-old Pakistani higher education institution has a selective admissions policy based on entrance exams. The admission rate range is 0-10%, which makes this Pakistani higher education organization a very selective institution. NUCES also offers various academic and non-academic facilities and services to students, including a library, sports facilities, financial aid and/or scholarships, as well as administrative services.
FAST PROGRAM OFFERED
The NUCES offers Under-graduate, Graduate and Post-Graduate programs in following disciplines.
FAST FEE STRUCTURE
Admission Fee of Rs 20,000 is payable once at the time of admission. If a graduate of this University is admitted to a higher degree program, then admission fee is not payable again.
A refundable security deposit of Rs 20,000 is also payable at the time of admission.
Tuition Fee is payable in full before the start of each semester. It is subject to revision every year. For the academic year 2021-22 the tuition fee per credit hour is as follows:
|BBA / BS||Rs. 8,500|
|MBA / MS||Rs. 8,500|
Student Activities Fund
To support co-curricular and extra-curricular activities a Student Activities Fund has been formed. Students contribute Rs 2,000 towards Students Activities Fund per semester.
|Additional Transcript Fee||Rs. 200|
|Campus Transfer Fee||Rs. 5,000|
|Degree Correction Fee||Rs. 2,000|
|Semester Freeze Fee||Rs. 10,000|
|These fees are non-refundable.|
Late Payment Fine
Late payment fine is levied on the entire outstanding fee (current as well as arrears). It is charged at the rate of Re 1.00 per day for every thousand rupees. Registration is suspended TWO months after the due date for payment of fee.
The procedure for admission is as follows:
- Admission Application Form must be filled online by following the instructions. Click Here for Online Admission Application
- Applications received through post or by hand will not be accepted/entertained.
- The online system assigns a unique Application Reference Number (ARN) to each applicant, which must be noted for later use.
- Applicant will confirm that information entered in the Admission Application Form is correct. In case of incorrect information, the University has all the rights to cancel the application/admission without any fee refund.
- Applicant will deposit the Application Fee in the designated Bank. Fee is non-refundable/adjustable.
- Upon payment of the Application Processing Fee (and additional Admission Test Fee), the applicant will print his/her ADMIT CARD bearing the applicant’s TEST ROLL NUMBER.
- The applicant should then visit the test campus on the specified date and time as mentioned on the Admit card.
- Admission of a student automatically stands cancelled if he or she fails in the required exam whose result was not available at the time of admission.
NU Online Admission Test for Graduate programs
Information on various Admission Tests is available on the University’s admission web-site admissions.nu.edu.pk
The online admission test is taken on a computer. The candidate should be familiar with the use of mouse and the keyboard. Each candidate is given a different examination. The sections of a test (English, Analytical skills, Math etc) appear in a random sequence. Moreover, questions related to different topics also appear before the candidate in a random sequence. In each section, a candidate can move forward and backwards to review the responses selected. The candidate can change his or her response to any question within the current section.
Each section of the admission test has a fixed duration. Each section is timed independently and time saved in one section is not carried forward to the next sections. At the end of the test, a summary of the results is displayed on screen. The duration of the Online Admission Test is between two and three hours.
Applicants should reach the test centre on the date and time specified on the admit card. Latecomers will not be allowed to take the test. Applicants should not bring anything to the test centre except their Admit Cards. No applicant will be allowed to take the test without an endorsed Admit Card. The Admission Test is held at all campuses of the University (Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, and Peshawar).
Click Here for Selection Criteria.