Qurtuba University, established in 2001, is a non-profit private higher education institution located in the urban environment of Dera Ismail Khan (population range 250,000-499,999 inhabitants), a medium-sized city in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. This institution also has a branch campus in Peshawar. Officially accredited by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, Qurtuba University (QU) is a very small co-ed Pakistani higher education institution. The University of Qurtuba (QU) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificate, diploma, associate or foundation), bachelor degrees, master degrees, studies Doctoral degrees in many fields. This 21-year-old Pakistani higher education institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance exams and students’ past academic records and grades. The admission rate range is 30-40% which makes this Pakistani higher education institution a very selective one. International students are welcome to apply for enrollment. QU also provides students with a range of academic and non-academic facilities and services, including the library, study abroad and exchange programs, as well as administrative services.
- Every student (with at least a second division) wishing to enroll in Bachelor and Master programs at the University of Córdoba must qualify for a test and interview.
- Minimum 50% marks (2.50 CGPA out of 4.0) in annual system for MS/MPhil is required for admission except MPhil English.
- A minimum CGPA of 3 is required for the PhD program.
- Photocopies of the original certificates/degree of the last qualifying examination certified by the concerned Issuing Board/University should be attached. All applications shall have the following enclosures: » Photocopies of Certificates of Passed Examinations and Certificates of Detailed Marks, attested by an officer/equivalent of BPS-17 or above. Original documents will also be scrutinized by the admission committee at the time of interview.
- Character certificate of the institution last attended or in case of private candidate, good character certificate attested by Magistrate First Class, Nizam, MPA of the area, or Headmaster/Headmistress of High School, or any other Signature of an officer of equal or higher rank
- Three passport size photographs.
- Migration Certificate (Original) in case of students who have passed final qualifying examination from any Board/University of Pakistan.
- National Identity Card (photocopies) of candidate or candidate’s father attested by an officer of BPS-17 or above.
- NOC from employer in case of serving candidate.
- NOC from designated government agencies in case of foreign national.
Departments of Qurtuba University
- Physical & Num Sciences
- Chemical & Life Sciences
- Management science
- Teachers’ Education
- Political Science & IR LAW
- Linguistics & Literature
- Islamic Studies